Saturday, August 18, 2012

Grand Teton Level 2 Climbing School

My dad and I participated in level 2 climbing school today.  It was a lot harder than yesterday, with a lot steeper pitches.  Most of the time we were climbing up an almost straight cliff and the repel was much longer.  It was a fun, but challenging day for both of us.  The two days of classes have taught us a lot about rock climbing and we are confident we can make it to the top.


Here I am on the first climb of the day.  The picture does not do justice to the steepness of this climb. 
Here Dad is belaying the next climber

The small, middle peak in the background is the Grand Teton.


The repel


 

Heidi arriving at the top of the last climb of the day!!!  Chris, in the foreground, was our instructor today and is also going to be our guide for the climb.  I was given the assignment of collecting all of the climbing gear on the way up because I was the last one.



 

No comments: